- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 oz ea)
- 1 Tbl Dijon mustard
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 3 Tbl crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tsp water
- 1/8 Tsp salt
- 1/4 c sliced almonds, toasted
- Flatten chicken into 1/4-in thickness. Spread w/ mustard; sprinkle w/onion.
- Place asparagus spears down the center of the chicken; fold over & secure w/ toothpicks
- Place chicken seam side down in an ungreased 8-in square microwave-safe dish.
- Sprinkle w/ cracker crumbs.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Keep warm.
- melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Gradually whisk in egg yolks, lemon juice, water & salt.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 30% power for 30 seconds or until mixture reaches 160 degrees F and is thickened, stirring onec.
- Discard toothpicks.
- Top chicken with sauce; sprinkle w/ almonds