- 8 thin slices bacon
- 8 roasted jalapenos, split in 1/2 and seeded
- 16 Chicken Finger strips – Raw
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese (Chihuahua cheese is great here too!)
- 3/4 cup cream
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each piece of bacon in half and put them on a baking sheet. Bake until just half cooked, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Hold 1 strip the roasted jalapeno in each strip and wrap it with half a piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick and season with pepper, to taste. Arrange on parchment lined baking sheet and bake until chicken is cooked, 20 – 30 minutes
- Meanwhile make the cheese sauce by adding the cheese and cream to a glass bowl. Put the bowl over a pot of simmering water, being sure that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Slowly stir until the cheese is melted into the cream and is fully blended.