- 1 large shallot slice
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 Tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 TBS fresh chopped parsley leaves
- 1 TBS cider vinegar
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 lb filet mingon sliced thin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 bunches Aspiration broccolini
- Bring a 2qt pot of water to boil and cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot cook the shallots and garlic browning them and adding water to keep from scorching.
- Add the caraway seed and the rest of the dried herbs and tomato paste.
- Deglaze with the vinegar and some more water.
- Add the stock and reduce by half, 10 minutes.
- In a hot skillet, sear off the beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir frying the beef to brown it quickly.
- Add to the Sauce and bring to a boil.
- Deglaze the beef pan with a bit of water and add that to the pot also.
- Bring the pot of water back to a boil and blanche the Asparation so that it is still bright green and has a bit of a bite.
- Place 1 cup of Asparation on a plate and top with 1/4 of Goulash per serving.
- Season with the fresh chopped parlsey.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings