- 8 chicken drumsticks with bone, skinless, fresh or frozen (approx. 2-2.5 pounds)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoons black peppercorns, whole
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 green onions, white & light green parts sliced, for garnish
- Place chicken in the slow cooker (frozen is okay).
- Add next 8 ingredients (garlic through cinnamon).
- Measure out chicken broth and add the brown sugar and cornstarch to the measuring cup, mixing to form a slurry.
- Pour into cooker. With a large spoon, gently stir to mix and coat chicken.
- Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours for frozen meat, approx. 2-3 hours for fresh, until meat is very tender.
- Remove chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- When you first take it out, it won’t look very appetizing
- Pour sauce into a small saucepan and boil on the stove until reduced by half (about 20 minutes), or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Using tongs, dip chicken into the sauce to coat.
Now it looks more like it’s delicious self!