- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 28oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups (16 oz) mozzarella or queso blanco
- 1 1/2 cups meat (optional) shredded beef or chicken
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- Coat each tortilla with oil using your hands or a brush. Spread out on a cookie sheet or baking dish and bake in a 500 degree oven for about 7 minutes.
- Take out to cool until they are warm to the touch.
- The cheese can be shredded, or just cut into slices 3-4 inches long, and 1/4 inch thick. (Or thicker if you like them really cheesy.)
- Pour just enough sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 glass baking dish to cover the it.
- Pour the rest of the sauce in a large bowl.
- Dip tortillas, one at a time, in the bowl to coat with sauce.
- Lay the tortilla in baking dish and if you’re using the meat, put in about 2-3 tablespoons.
- Place the cheese on top of the meat. Fold one edge over the cheese, then the other one, then turn the whole thing over, folded side down, in baking dish.
- Repeat for each tortilla.
- Sprinkle any leftover sauce and/or cheese on top of enchiladas.
- Place in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.