- 2 cups diced yellow onions
- 1 cup diced poblanos
- 2 lb. diced pork
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeño powder
- 5 Tbsp. green chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stewing pot, sauté vegetables until tender.
- Add diced pork. Add all dry ingredients.
- Stir well for a couple of minutes, blend well.
- Add chicken stock and let simmer on low to medium heat for one and a half hours or until fork-tender.
- Skim fat off surface as stew simmers. Season with salt and pepper just before service, only if needed, to your taste.
- Serve in a bowl with pepper Jack cheese, roasted serrano pepper and warm, buttered flour tortillas.