- Butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf cinnamon-raisin swirl bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (recommended: McCormick)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1 (15-ounce) can solid pack pumpkin (recommended: Libby’s)
- 1 (4.5-ounce) jar brandied hard sauce (recommended: Crosse and Blackwell)
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (recommended: McCormick)
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 teaspoons brandy extract
- Lightly spray a 3-quart casserole dish with butter flavored cooking spray; set aside.
- Toss together cubed raisin bread and pecans in the casserole dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients, except hard sauce and maple extract.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Let soak for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bake bread pudding in preheated oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- In small bowl, combine all hard sauce ingredients.
- Beat at high speed until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- Microwave hard sauce on HIGH for 30 to 45 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl and stir in maple extract.
- Drizzle over bread pudding.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.