Tips – make it the night before & refrigerate. Let stand at room temp for 30 min then bake as directed. Make the cheese sauce before scrambling the eggs so the sauce is ready to add at the proper time.
- 1 lb pkg of hot ground pork sausage
- 2 Tbl butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbl chopped fresh cilantro
- 14 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 -8in flour tortillas
- 1 c (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese w/ jalapeños
- Toppings: halved grape tomatoes, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro
- 1/3 c butter
- 1/3 c flour
- 3 c milk
- 2 c shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped green chilies, undrained
- 3/4 tsp salt
Cheese Sauce prep
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour until smooth.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 1 min.
- Gradually whisk in milk; cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 5 min or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in remaining ingredients
- Cook sausage in skillet over med-high heat, stirring until it crumbles & is no longer pink.
- Remove from pan; drain well, pressing between paper towels.
- Melt butter in skillet over med heat.
- Add green onions & cilantro and saute for 1 min.
- Add eggs, salt, and pepper to cook without stirring until eggs begin to set on bottom.
- Draw a spatula across the bottom of pan to form large curds.
- Continue to cook until eggs are thickened but still moist; do not stir constantly.
- Remove from heat, and gently fold in 1 1/2 c cheese sauce and sausage.
- Spoon about 1/3 egg mixture down the center of each flour tortilla; roll up.
- Place, seam down, in a lightly greased 13×9 in baking dish.
- Pour remaining Cheese Sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle evenly w/Monterrey Jack cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 min or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve w/desired toppings